Our Mission for Serving Jesus by Serving Others

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy = Me

Busy = me, Lauren. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at their plans for the next month and thinks WOW how am I ever going to get this done! As much as I hate to say it I think being busy has controlled my life. Where did time go? Something very simple happened last weekend that made me really stop and think, our power went out. Yes, I know something so simple, but without power there were so many things I couldn't do. Anything that I had had planned on doing was canceled because no one had power. So there I was with what I thought was boring. Then I realized when was the last time I really sat down and talked with my family, when was the last time I really bonded with God. My life had been so hectic that I had taken the most important things in my life for granted! So it wound up that I spent some amazing time with God and my family! I was able to enjoy the simple pleasures God gives me everyday. These pleasures I've always had, but I have never taken time to really look into them. I know I'm not the best at getting points across; I always tend to ramble and people just don't understand what I'm trying to say, but if you get something from this don't take what you have for granted. Just stop and think about how amazing God truly is! Worship Him; let your heart be bound to Him!

Your friend in Christ,
Lauren

No comments: